Situated right at the heart of the village, just 150 metres from the harbour alongside the River Pol, you will find Nelson's Restaurant at the Saxon Bridge and directly opposite the village green.
The building itself was erected by an early local entrepreneur in 1937 on a site formerly occupied by three 17th century cottages. Standing the test of time, Nelson's restaurant is renowned for fine food and hospitality.
Betty, Peter and Tony Nelson established the present business in 1974, introducing the Cellar Bar and Brasserie (Captain Nemo's) in 1994, offering quality homemade bar food and snacks in a convivial but unusual nautical setting.
The extensive menus use the best of fresh produce available, including a variety of fresh fish and shellfish on a daily changing basis. These usually include fresh lobster, Dover soles, lemon soles, scallops, fresh crab, and many other exotic fish. Fresh meat, poultry and game is also sourced from local suppliers, with many specialities, and taking requests for customers' favourites.
Both Nelsons Restaurant and Captain Nemos Bistro and Bar also offers a vegetarian menu along with gluten free menu items, to suit all dietary requirements. Gift certificates are also available for the perfect present.
We are Currently CLOSED for our Winter Break.